1. Ride the Mountain Coaster at the Wisp! Consisting of a 1,300 foot uphill track, the coaster allows one to experience the panoramic views of Western Maryland while having the time of their life!
2. Spend the evenings at Smiley’s Fun Zone playing mini golf, laser tag, goat carting and more!
3. Kick off your vacation with a drink at the iconic Honi Honi Bar! Located right next to Uno’s, the Honi Honi is the perfect place to grab a crisp, cold beer and watch your kids play on the back lawn. The pirate ship playground and the large gray elephant statue located in the back yard have become a Deep Creek favorite!
4. Grab an ice cream from the Lakeside Creamery. Located along Garrett Highway (right next to the lake), it’s easy to get to and delicious!
5. Spend an afternoon checking out Adventure Sports Center International. They offer an artificial whitewater rafting course that spans over 1/3 mile. This course offers I-IV whitewater rafting in a controlled environment. If you’ve mastered the artificial course, you may be ready for Garrett County’s own whitewater course: the Upper Yough (Class IV-V). ASCI also offers guided hikes and geocaching.
6. Go hiking at Swallow Falls. Who said Deep Creek Lake is the only attraction in Garrett County? Located near Oakland, Swallow Falls is a beautiful state park with bubbling falls. It is perfect for a morning hike or afternoon picnic.
7. Enjoy live music and a yummy meal at Black Bear Tavern! Located in McHenry, the restaurant and bar have become a local favorite.
8. Do some shopping! Deep Creek Lake and Garrett County offer a very unique shopping experience. From Schoolhouse Earth to Sacred Ground South West Jewelry to Englander’s Antique Mall, our local residents provide you with unique pieces to take home or to decorate your lake house.
9. Head over to Mountain State Brewing Company for a locally brewed beer and a slice of Fire on the Mountain pizza!
10. Finally, RELAX! Deep Creek Lake is all about letting go and having a great time. You can do a million different things but the most important is to enjoy where you are and live easy!